I am getting excited because Gotcha Day is going to be here in a few days and we are going to get together with our travel group for a reunion.
Have I mentioned that I love our travel group, they have become like family. All the girls get on so well and so do all the parents.
We are have a party with yummy home made Chinese food and a Gotcha Day cake,
I just can't believe it has been four years.
this is what Mark wrote on the day we got her.
Rachel is with us:
We met in the lobby with 7 other families Thursday afternoon to board a bus that would take us to the civil affairs office. We all were in different states of excitement and curiosity. Would we recognize our girls? Had their hair grown much since their pictures were taken? Would they cry? Will they want a bottle?
The anxiety came to a climax as we arrived at the civil affairs building where we got off the bus and took the elevator to the 5th floor and were led to a room with couches. Within minutes of arrival our guide called out the first names (Steve & Alicia), who were presented with their daughter Catherine. After a few more names were called, we recognized it was our turn. Our names had been called and in comes a beautiful little girl - It's Rachel. She was handed to Dawn who immediately hugged and comforted her. I have to admit the next few minutes were a blur as 7 families were each experiencing their own very personal moments where dreams, hopes, and prayers were answered in a matter of 5 - 10 minutes I think. Cameras flashed and video cameras rolled as we each tried to capture this moment which is truly beyond words.
Many of the babies started crying at one point including Rachel for all of about 30 seconds. Dawn quickly comforted her and grabbed a ring of plastic keys for her to play with. These were an instant hit and she hasn't cried since. I've got so much more to tell, but I will leave it to pictures to wrap up this post.
I'll take lots of pictures here are some pictures of one of the most amazing days of my life.
3/24/09
Gotcha Day will be here in a few days, i am excited....
I am getting excited because Gotcha Day is going to be here in a few days and we are going to get together with our travel group for a reunion.
Have I mentioned that I love our travel group, they have become like family. All the girls get on so well and so do all the parents.
We are have a party with yummy home made Chinese food and a Gotcha Day cake,
I just can't believe it has been four years.
this is what Mark wrote on the day we got her.
Rachel is with us:
We met in the lobby with 7 other families Thursday afternoon to board a bus that would take us to the civil affairs office. We all were in different states of excitement and curiosity. Would we recognize our girls? Had their hair grown much since their pictures were taken? Would they cry? Will they want a bottle?
The anxiety came to a climax as we arrived at the civil affairs building where we got off the bus and took the elevator to the 5th floor and were led to a room with couches. Within minutes of arrival our guide called out the first names (Steve & Alicia), who were presented with their daughter Catherine. After a few more names were called, we recognized it was our turn. Our names had been called and in comes a beautiful little girl - It's Rachel. She was handed to Dawn who immediately hugged and comforted her. I have to admit the next few minutes were a blur as 7 families were each experiencing their own very personal moments where dreams, hopes, and prayers were answered in a matter of 5 - 10 minutes I think. Cameras flashed and video cameras rolled as we each tried to capture this moment which is truly beyond words.
Many of the babies started crying at one point including Rachel for all of about 30 seconds. Dawn quickly comforted her and grabbed a ring of plastic keys for her to play with. These were an instant hit and she hasn't cried since. I've got so much more to tell, but I will leave it to pictures to wrap up this post.
I'll take lots of pictures here are some pictures of one of the most amazing days of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment