10/8/08

Dentist from Hell

I try not to write negative stuff on my blog but yesterday was a very hard day so I thought I would write about it. I took Rachel to the dentist to get 2 filling done. She started off great with the shots, just before they started the drilling they put stuff in her month to keep it open. Rachel has a high gag and that didn't go over well. The doctor started to get irritated with her and kept telling her to open her month. As his voice started to get louder Rachel's month got smaller. Now keep in mind she is a 4 year old and he kept telling her. It's all in your mind. So now she is crying and he is telling her to stop crying. So to cut a long story short, he said he couldn't work on her anymore. So by this time I am getting upset with him on how bad he is treating my daughter. We left the dentist and I was just about in tears, I didn't know what to do. I had a referral to go to a kids dentist so I just drove over there to talk to them. I stopped at McD's to get Rachel an ice cream as her face was swelling up. By the time I got to the other dentist Rachel face was all swollen, I took a picture with my cell phone but it didn't turn out good. I am so glad I decided to go to the other dentist because if I didn't, I don't think Rachel would of ever wanted to step foot in a dentist again. They were amazing they look at her face and gave her some med's and they told us to go and get more popsicles to take the swelling down. Wish us luck we have to go back on Thursday to get everything checked out. If any of you who are reading this are interested in the dentist that did this to Rachel I'll tell you off line.
Rachel face is STILL swollen this morning, as a Mama you can unstand i am still mad about what happen to my daughter.
So to end this post on a positive note, Rachel's NEW dentist was worried about her so she called me at 9:00pm last night to check on her, Wasn't that nice.

1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

THIS IS HORRIBLE, DAWN! I hope you stop every mom, everywhere you go, and tell her your experiences with this AWFUL dentist!!!!! I would be SO ANGRY! Treating a 4 year old that way! Jerk!

Thank goodness you got into a good dentist! Holy moly! If you need a referral, we really like the woman we send the kids to in Redmond...