3/31/08

The icing on the cake

Ok, so after a lovely day with Rachel on her 3rd Gotcha Day, I always get her ready for bed and read stories, sing and end the day with a prayer and hugs and kisses. Well tonight was different, Daddy came in and Rachel asked him to tell her a story. So he told her the story about her Gotcha Day, by this time tears were rolling down my face. Mark can tell a great story. After the story we asked Daddy to stay for the prayer. I have always done the prayer and tonight Rachel said she wanted to say the prayer. As we all held hands Rachel said the prayer, Well picture this a sweet little angel saying a prayer from the heart, it was the best prayer I ever heard. my heart is full and I am so grateful that we have such a sweet and lovely little girl. I am so lucky. Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happen to me besides being married to Mark. So tonight was the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

Oh, I had tears in my eyes reading this. Thank you.